This are the useful terms you might encounter when you start painting your house or apartment. It is so important to understand the terminologies in order to a great result.
* Cutting in. Using a 3″ or 4″ brush to paint corners and edges where wall meets wall and wall meets ceiling and next to the trim. These places cannot be covered by a roller.
* Feathering. A series of light strokes with brush or roller, lifting the applicator lightly at the end of the stroke to blend in the paint.
* Sash brush. A 1 1/2″ angled brush made for detail painting of windows and narrow trim pieces.
* Trim brush. A 2″ brush for painting door trim and other wide moldings.
* TSP. Tri-sodium phosphate, an industrial cleaner.